Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Praise Him for a stocked kitchen.

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.  Psalm 34:8

During our "lock-in" today, we made a new craft.  This was a group project:

I cut the middle out of a paper plate.  Then I helped the girls draw hearts on black, red, pink, and purple card stock.  After they cut them all out, I stapled the bigger ones around the plate.  Then Emerson helped me glue the smaller hearts onto the bigger ones.  I tied a piece of ribbon at the top and voila!  We now have a nice Valentine wreath!  We chose to hang it inside since it would most likely fall apart in about an hour outside in this weather.


Later, we used the privilege of our free time, to make a new recipe for lunch.  Everyone here likes to bake, so I found a recipe online for Ham and Cheese Scones (http://recipes.slides.kaboose.com/305-20-quick-easy-lunch-recipes).  The kids enjoyed helping me make these.  It was a perfect choice for us because I had all of the ingredients on hand.




When the scones were ready, we enjoyed them with a yummy apple treat...apple slices that the kids used toothpicks to dip in honey, and then rice crispies.  I got this idea online too.  It was a big hit!




Nothing else of much excitement has been going on since yesterday other than what anyone would expect with four small children (and me) going stir crazy.  Now for tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment